The adventure capital of New Zealand
Whether you wish to ski or board day in day out, rest and relax in a luxury lodge or experience an adrenalin adventure activity you will never forget… Queenstown has it all! Ski Express offers a wide variety of accommodation options from budget backpackers to 5 star luxury. There is something for everyone!
Ski Express have an office in Queenstown
Once you arrive in Queenstown you have the local support of Ski Express staff at the Snow Centre in Queenstown. Whether you need to check your documentation, add extra ski hire or book a sightseeing activity there is someone at the Ski Express service desk who can help you out.
Be sure to allow at least one day off the mountain to experience some of the awesome adrenalin activities available in Queenstown.
The Queenstown Superpass is REAL. It is the Ultimate Ski and Activity pass! Giving you access to ski areas in Queenstown and Methven. The QT Superpass can be redeemed at the Queenstown ski fields Coronet Peak, The Remarkables and Mt Hutt (near Christchurch)
Top 10 reasons to choose Queenstown
- 6 International standard ski fields featuring a variety of terrain are within 1.5 hour’s drive
- Awesome nightlife and après ski
- Myriad of world-class sightseeing activities to choose from on non ski days
- Stunning lake and alpine scenery
- Lonely Planet has chosen New Zealand’s Southern Lakes region of Queenstown, Lake Wanaka and Fiordland as one of the world’s Top 10 Regions to visit in 2012
- Huge variety of top notch accommodation catering to all budgets
- Over 150 eateries and restaurants to choose from
- World class award-winning local wines to enjoy around a roaring fire and 200 vineyards within a 1.5 hour’s drive
- Annual winter events such as the Queenstown Winter Festival held late June
- Queenstown is one of only 6 locations globally have been admitted to the prestigious “Leading Mountain Resorts of the World” group
|Queenstown||The Remarkables||45 Mins|
|Queenstown||Coronet Peak||25 mins|
|Queenstown||Treble Cone||90 mins|
|Queenstown||Christchurch||6 hrs 55 mins|
|Queenstown||Wanaka||1 hr 50 mins|
Want to know where the best places to eat are in Queenstown?
Here are our top tips…
Mention to anyone that’s been to Queenstown before that you’re about to head off on your own adventure here and you will no doubt be given the advice to visit Fergburger. Serving legendary, fresh and quite simply – MASSIVE burgers, Fergburger is world famous and no visit to Queenstown is complete without experiencing it for yourself. This busy burger joint is right in the heart of town and has a menu that reads like Old MacDonalds Farm gone wrong – Tropical Swine, Sweet Bambi, Cockadoodle Doo and Bun Laden to name a few.
Best Breakfast in town
You can’t beat the convenience of wandering down to the restaurant at the hotel you are staying at and enjoying a full buffet breakfast or the satisfaction of knocking around in your PJ’s and preparing a ‘gourmet delight’ in the kitchen at your self contained apartment! However if you want to ‘mix it up’ a bit then why not try…
- Fergbaker, next door to Fergburger on Shotover St. The perfect stop on your way up the mountain. Just grab a coffee and a Breakfast Bap and this should keep you going right up until lunch
- Left Bank Cafe at the Sofitel Hotel has a fantastic and decadent menu in an atmosphere that makes you feel like you’re in a French cafe.
- Vudu Cafe on Beach Street is the place to go for a low-key and homely breakfast Vudu Cafe is a long time local and visiting celebrity favourite known for its home baking and organic menu.
- Halo is perfect if you need a quick bite on the way up the mountain or to ease the pain of the night out on the town – a breakfast burrito from Halo is definitely a savour for the stomach.
- Brazz if you’re on a budget (and who isn’t these days!) – you can’t go wrong with a NZ$10 breakfast from Brazz to get you through the morning. Ask a local for directions here!!
The best night out in Queenstown is… Anywhere in Queenstown!
With so many bars all within close proximity to each other – you could spend a week here and still not get to every bar – ‘Choice ey’. Searle Lane is an alleyway tucked away behind the Queenstown Mall and gateway to many of Queenstown’s bars. Also if you head down to Steamer Wharf you will find some great kiwi pubs and a special treat is the Boiler Room where you can sample a tasty cocktail or two.
Our top picks are…
- Winnies Pizza Bar – upstairs in the heart of the Queenstown Mall. It is a great place to start your night out with one of the best pizza’s in town and the famous “opening roof”.
- Searle Lane and Social – grab a drink and play a game of pool in front of the fire.
- Pub on Wharf – Down at Steamers Wharf – a good kiwi pub with great live music and local atmosphere.
- Cowboy in Searle Lane – with its saddle-style bar stools, rockin’ country music, shuffleboard and mechanical bull.
- The Boiler Room – if you enjoy a delicious cocktail head on down to the Boiler Room and sample some of the finest cocktails in the land!
Whether you’re into fun family skiing, peaceful cross-country touring, adrenaline pumping off-piste, park jibbing or mind blowing heli-skiing, you’ll find it all here in Lake Wanaka. Find out more…
Anyone wanting a Ski Holiday with the best snow should definitely think about coming to Mt Hutt. Even better if your travelling with children as you will save. Kids under 10 receive a FREE lift pass, FREE accommodation when staying with their parents or guardians, FREE meals at selected pubs and restaurants and an awesome time! Find out more…
Mt Ruapehu is on the North Island of New Zealand offering a ski or snowboard experience you are unlikely to get anywhere else in the world! It’s a unique opportunity to Ski on an active volcano in a World Heritage Area – Tongariro National Park. Find out more…
Tekapo represents the perfect spot to stop and take in the serenity of the stunning Southern Alps landscape. With scenery, snow and relaxing atmosphere to feel like you truly got away from it all. Find out more…