Cardrona has a terrific learner area with a variety of beginner lifts, long, wide gentle slopes and fantastic views towards Queenstown and Wanaka.
The highest of NZ’s ski fields resulting in reliable powdery snow & breathtaking views. ‘Cardies’ as the locals call it is situated on the Cardrona Valley road which links Wanaka and Queenstown. It is 35 minutes from Wanaka and only 1 hour from Queenstown. Cardrona Alpine Resort offers something for everyone whether you are a first timer or a seasoned expert.
- Lift capacity 11,000 people per hour
- Base Facilities: Snow shop, Full rental services incl. workshop, lockers, medical centre.
- 5 Quality cafès – Base Cafè, Mezz Cafè, Juice and Java Bar, Noodle Bar and Captain’s Pizzeria
- One of the longest snow seasons in New Zealand.
- Lockers are available in rental for the small fee of approx NZ$5
- Daily shuttle transfers available
- BONUS Children 5 years & under receive a FREE lift pass
Cardrona is a base for many of New Zealand’s best freestyle skiers, snowboarders and increasingly ‘off season’ northern hemisphere athletes.
2.7m per annum
3 + World Cup Super Pipe
13 June – 11 Oct
Surface Conveyer Lifts
Lift Operating Hours
9am to 4pm
Queenstown to Wanaka
Queenstown to Christchurch
More about Cardrona
OnePassNZ provides unlimited freedom to ski and ride at eight of the South Island’s favourite mountain resorts including Cardrona.
Cardrona leads the way in being a child friendly ski area. It has New Zealands most comprehensive kids centres and development programs. The purpose-built centres at Cardrona cater for children from three months to 14 years. Cardrona has an excellent terrain which lends itself perfectly for developing skills and confidence in children. Fun and family friendly they offer ski and snowboard lessons for all kinds of kids. Cardrona takes pride in offering the kids lessons taught by the industry’s top children’s instructors.
Cardrona caters for kids offering:
- BONUS Children 5 yrs & under receive a FREE lift pass.
- 4 dedicated kids centres including licensed childcare for 3 months to 3 years
- Ski Kindy for 3-4 years
- Plus an extensive kids ski and snowboard school for 5-14 year olds.
- Private Lessons are available for kids
- Academy coaching programmes are available for children 10 years and above.
Available to 5-14 year olds, Skiwees (ski) and Lowriders (snowboard) programmes focus on fun and learning to ski in small groups. Best of all the groups stay with the same instructor for the 4 days.
Top 10 Reasons to choose Wanaka
- NZ’s largest skiable terrain with 5 world class ski areas catering for all abilities and the Southern Hemisphere’s largest heli-skiing area
- Breathtaking lake and mountain scenery
- Family friendly
- Relaxed, tranquil, “unpressured” and easy to get around
- A vibrant après-ski atmosphere where you can sit in the sun on the lakefront with a beer or local pinot noir
- Genuine hospitality and warmth of welcome. Wanaka is where Kiwis come to ski
- Great selection of off-mountain attractions and activities
- Rated by Lonely Planet as one of its top 10 destinations for 2012
- Mt Aspiring National Park this World Heritage Listed area is right at your doorstep
- It’s not Queenstown… At Ski Express we love Queenstown but there is something extra special about Wanaka ask us for more info!