The Peak of perfection. Sophisticated and of true international standard offering the most convenient and best terrain, balanced with variety.
Snow lovers have flocked here to enjoy winter sports for more than 60 years. Families and enthusiastic newcomers continue to revel in the cosmopolitan atmosphere, fantastic views and diverse rolling terrain providing challenges and hidden delights for all ability levels.
- 18 kms of sealed road to car park (25 mins drive from Queenstown)
- Regular shuttle service from Queenstown
- Night skiing Friday and Saturday 4-9pm (mid July to mid September)
- New in 2008 — $30 million redevelopment of the base lodge and snow making facilities
- Good base facilities with licensed brassiere, Sno Shop and licenced crèche
- BONUS Kids 5 years & under receive a FREE Lift Pass
Night Skiing and First Tracks mean Coronet Peak offers longer on-snow hours than any other ski area in the country.
197cm per annum (excluding snowmaking)
Night Ski ‘Park after Dark’
Kids Fun Zone
13 June – 4 October
High Speed 6 seater chair
Surface Conveyer Lifts
Lift Operating Hours
9am to 4pm
Queenstown to Wanaka
Queenstown to Christchurch
More about Coronet Peak
- Lift Passes
- Gear Hire
- Family Friendly
- The Region
- Trail Map
- Snow Report
Unfortanetly no onsite accommodation is available. All accommodation options are in Queenstown just a short drive away.
The Queenstown Superpass is REAL. It is the Ultimate Ski and Activity pass! Giving you access to ski areas in Queenstown and Methven. The QT Superpass can be redeemed at the Queenstown ski fields Coronet Peak, The Remarkables and Mt Hutt (near Christchurch)
Save your ears from “are we there yet?” as the kids will barely be in the car or transfer bus before they are arriving at the mountain. Located only 25 minutes drive from Queenstown CBD.
Coronet Peak caters for kids offering:
- FREE day lift passes for children aged six years and under.
- Fully licensed Skiwiland Early Learning Centre. The centre caters for children from 3 months to 5 years. This means mum, dad and grandma can scoot off to enjoy the slopes.
- Terrific Skiwi Kids programme where your child can have a small group lesson with an enthusiastic instructor plus lots of indoor and outdoor activities to enjoy.
- A Kiwi Kids programme that offers fun activities and child care on the mountain for those not wanting to ski.
- For the older kids (5-15 years) they can join Shred the Kea, Spike the Kiwi and their qualified instructors for some fun and adventure in the Kids Snowsports School which caters for all ski abilities beginners to advanced!
Top 10 reasons to choose Queenstown
- 6 International standard ski fields featuring a variety of terrain are within 1.5 hour’s drive
- Awesome nightlife and après ski
- Myriad of world-class sightseeing activities to choose from on non ski days
- Stunning lake and alpine scenery
- Lonely Planet has chosen New Zealand’s Southern Lakes region of Queenstown, Lake Wanaka and Fiordland as one of the world’s Top 10 Regions to visit in 2012
- Huge variety of top notch accommodation catering to all budgets
- Over 150 eateries and restaurants to choose from
- World class award-winning local wines to enjoy around a roaring fire and 200 vineyards within a 1.5 hour’s drive
- Annual winter events such as the Queenstown Winter Festival held late June
- Queenstown is one of only 6 locations globally have been admitted to the prestigious “Leading Mountain Resorts of the World” group
Photos at Coronet Peak