The most complete terrain mix of any ski area in The South Island, this high country ski area has a true Kiwi attitude and hospitality to match.
Mt Hutt ski field New Zealand is conveniently located only 90 mins from Christchurch Airport so if you time it right with flights you can depart Australia in the morning and be at Methven checking into your accommodation all on the same day. If not we suggest staying overnight at one of the many airport hotels and making your way to the village first thing in the morning. It’s that easy.
Mt Hutt makes travelling with kids affordable and easy with so many Kids 4 Free deals. To start with children aged 10 years and under will receive FREE Lift access at Mt Hutt ski area.
- Shuttles: Daily services to/from Methven and Christchurch.
- Base Facilities: Licensed Brasserie & Café, rental service, storage lockers, retail outlet, medical centre & licensed crèche.
- Half pipe with snowmaking, pipe shaper, mini terrain park and a purpose built intermediate/advanced 10,000 sqm terrain park with hits, rails and tabletops.
- One of the longest snow seasons in New Zealand.
- New in 2014 Ski High Terrain park
- BONUS Children 10 years & under receive a FREE lift pass
Ski the day you arrive in Christchurch
After collection from Christchurch airport travel 60 minutes to Methven then change coaches for a direct transfer up the mountain – Awesome.
4m per annum (excluding snowmaking)
13 June – 27 Sep
High Speed 6 seater chair
Enclosed Magic Carpet
Lift Operating Hours
9am to 4pm
Christchurch Airport to Methven
More about Mt Hutt
- Lift Passes
- Gear Hire
- The Region
- Family Friendly
- Trail Map
- Snow Report
Unfortanetly no on-snow accommodation is available. The closest accommodation options are in Methven just a short drive away.
Mt Hutt lift passes are valid any day of the operational season. Special discounts are available for additional days.
Methven also known as Mt Hutt Village it is an ideal spot for your winter holiday. Basically it is a laid back Kiwi country town with world class ski and snowboard slopes.
7 Reasons to choose Methven – Mt Hutt Village
- Located just 1 hour from Christchurch on the Inland Scenic Route 72
- Welcoming families and embracing the concept of kids, eat, stay, play and dine FREE (conditions apply)
- Some of the world’s finest heliskiing country and 6 Canterbury ski fields all within 1 hours drive
- Friendly locals – experience true kiwi hospitality in Methven
- Over a dozen local eateries to choose from country pubs to first class restaurants
- Flights into Christchurch are cheaper than any other south island gateway – a big bonus when travelling with your family
- Mt Hutt Village is a vibrant but quieter option for those wanting to focus more on skiing than partying.
The only ski town in New Zealand that offers such awesome money saving deals for families with children (10 and under). The Kids 4 Free campaign finally makes family ski holidays an affordable reality for thousands of people! Ask our ski specialists for more info on what we can offer families who ski and stay at Mt Hutt & Methven.
The Kids 4 Free deal offers every child 10 and under, accompanied by a paying adult:
- FREE lift access for children 10 years and under.
- FREE Travel to/from Christchurch Airport and Mt Hutt with selected businesses
- FREE Accommodation at selected properties in the Methven area
- FREE Ski/Board Rental Hire at selected shops in the Methven area
- FREE Meals at selected restaurants in the Methven area
- FREE Activities at selected attractions in the Methven area.
*Conditions apply please ask our ski specialists for more information.