A fantastic family ski field with breathtaking views of Aoraki Mt Cook, the Southern Alps and Lake Tekapo.
Learners and little ones can head to our massive beginners area featuring a platter lift and 2 beginners rope tows for a fun and gentle way to find your feet in the snow.
Our 2 T-Bars give access to loads of super wide, perfectly groomed intermediate trails with lots of natural dips and curves making for fun and interesting skiing and riding.
For the more adventurous, head up the world’s (yes that’s right!) longest and steepest rope tow and see what Australasia’s biggest vertical drop (783m) is all about. Offering super long natural half pipes, chutes this is skiing and riding at its best.
For the freestylers, Central Park has jumps, rollers, rails and boxes for most abilities.
- Wide open spaces, perfectly groomed slopes with few crowds
- Huge beginners area and an international Ski School
- A smaller personable ski field with a relaxed family atmosphere
- Easy access road and slope side parking
- Sheltered Westerly aspect means lots of sunny days
- Offering super long natural half pipes, chutes this is skiing and riding at its best
- For the freestylers, Central Park has jumps, rollers, rails and boxes for most abilities
2.3m per annum (excluding snowmaking)
27 June – 27 Sept
Lift Operating Hours
9am to 4pm
More about Roundhill
A true Kiwi ski experience, Roundhill is a friendly, relaxing mountain known for sunny days, amazing views, great snow and super wide groomed trails.
- For the more adventurous, head up the world’s (yes that’s right!) longest and steepest rope tow and see what Australasia’s biggest vertical drop (783m) is all about.
- With super long natural half pipes and chutes, Roundhill is skiing and riding at it’s best.
- If you are a freestyler, Central Park has jumps, rollers, rails and boxes to suit most abilities.
|From||To||Travel Time (approx)|
|Roundhill||Tekapo Village||35 mins|
|Christchurch||Tekapo||3 hrs 15 mins|
|Tekapo||Queenstown||3 hrs 25 mins|
|Tekapo||Mt Cook||1 hr 15 mins|
Purchase a Lift Pass to have a true Kiwi ski experience, Roundhill is a friendly, relaxing mountain known for sunny days, amazing views, great snow and super wide groomed trails.
Do you need clothing or gear hire? Contact us for prices
Top Reasons to choose Tekapo
- 3 unique ski areas offering a variety of terrain to suit all levels – Roundhill, Mt Dobson and Ohau
- Ski New Zealand’s longest glacier – the Tasman Glacier
- Try heli-skiing some of the remotest mountain slops on New Zealand’s Southern Alps
- Ice skate under the stars or take a dip in the hot pools at Tekapo Springs. New Zealand’s only high altitude glacial water spa & winter wonderland
- The clear winter days are perfect for scenic flights and the nights for spectacular stargazing
- Mt John Observatory – Home of Aoraki Mackenzie’s International Dark Sky Reserve – the largest such reserve in the world
- Relaxed cafes to award winning restaurants there are options to suit a wide variety of tastes
Roundhill offers families a place to escape the crowds and enjoy a laid back friendly family atmosphere. Located just a short 24km drive along the shores of Lake Tekapo, followed by a gradual 8km climb up the wide ski area access road. It is not unusual for skiers and boarders to just rock up, reverse their car into the car park, open the boot and pull out a deck chair or two. Set up a picnic table, bbq and be set for an awesome day on the hill. The staff at Roundhill welcome families and allow visitors to park your vehicle right next to the slopes and to bring your own picnic it couldn’t be easier to enjoy a day on the hill.
Friendly staff and qualified instructors cater to children wanting to learn or hone their skills with other kids in a safe and fun environment. With a diverse terrain mix this ski area caters to all abilities from beginners to advanced, the wide open learners area is great for kids and first timers.