The Remarkables ski field has a versatile terrain and north facing slopes makes The Remarkables ideal for families and beginners providing fun for all ages. A true alpine environment.
The Remarkables (aka The Remarks as the locals call it!) is known for its diversity, has a good history of snowfall and three sunny natural basins. The Remarks are excited that in 2014 they will have a brand new six-seat high-speed detachable chairlift, increased snow making capacity, expansion of the learners area, new trail development and the re-alignment and expansion of the car parking area. With its high altitude and north facing sunny slopes, The Remarkables has some of the best alpine views in the world.
- 28kms (including: 10kms of gravel road) to car park (45 mins drive) from Queenstown
- Regular shuttle service from Queenstown
- Regarded as the best place to learn to ski for adults & children but also has the most extreme terrain in NZ
- Sheltered sunny location, spectacular views, cafe & sno shop
- Child minding facilities, licensed creche
- 3 surface conveyers ideal for beginners
- 3 dedicated freestyle parks including Burton’s “The Stash’
- Multiple shuttle services to/from Queenstown daily
- BONUS Kids 5 years & under receive a FREE Lift Pass
New in 2014:
The Curvey Lift will have the ability to take up to 2,400 people an hour up the mountain to access the new terrain and new trails…
82cm per annum (excluding snowmaking)
3 freestyle parks including the Burton designed ‘The Stash’
20 June – 27 September
High Speed 6 seater chair
1 NEW in 2014
Surface Conveyer Lifts
Lift Operating Hours
9am to 4pm
Queenstown to Christchurch
Queenstown to Wanaka
More about The Remarkables
- Lift Passes
- Gear Hire
- Family Friendly
- The Region
- Trail Map
- Snow Report
Unfortanetly no onsite accommodation is available. All accommodation options are in Queenstown just a short drive away.
The Queenstown Superpass is REAL. It is the Ultimate Ski and Activity pass! Giving you access to ski areas in Queenstown and Methven. The QT Superpass can be redeemed at the Queenstown ski fields Coronet Peak, The Remarkables and Mt Hutt (near Christchurch)
Just 45 minutes from Queenstown The Remarkables ski field has a great range of terrain parks with wide gentle slopes perfect for beginners of all ages.
The Remarkables caters for kids offering:
- FREE day lift passes for children aged six years and under.
- Fully licensed Skiwiland Early Learning Centre. The centre caters for children from 3 months to 5 years. This means mum, dad and grandma can scoot off to enjoy the slopes.
- Terrific Skiwi Kids programme where your child can have a small group lesson with an enthusiastic instructor plus lots of indoor and outdoor activities to enjoy.
- A Kiwi Kids programme that offers fun activities and child care on the mountain for those not wanting to ski.
- For the older kids (5-15 years) they can join Shred the Kea, Spike the Kiwi and their qualified instructors for some fun and adventure in the Kids Snowsports School which caters for all ski abilities beginners to advanced!
- Enjoy play time in the snow with mountain mascots Spike and Shred
- Family restaurant in the base lodge – purchase or bring your own snack to eat out on the sunny deck overlooking the learners area
Top 10 reasons to choose Queenstown
- 6 International standard ski fields featuring a variety of terrain are within 1.5 hour’s drive
- Awesome nightlife and après ski
- Myriad of world-class sightseeing activities to choose from on non ski days
- Stunning lake and alpine scenery
- Lonely Planet has chosen New Zealand’s Southern Lakes region of Queenstown, Lake Wanaka and Fiordland as one of the world’s Top 10 Regions to visit in 2012
- Huge variety of top notch accommodation catering to all budgets
- Over 150 eateries and restaurants to choose from
- World class award-winning local wines to enjoy around a roaring fire and 200 vineyards within a 1.5 hour’s drive
- Annual winter events such as the Queenstown Winter Festival held late June
- Queenstown is one of only 6 locations globally have been admitted to the prestigious “Leading Mountain Resorts of the World” group